Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Jalna Yoghurt


Taste

I used to love Jalna yoghurts before I discovered Attiki, Harris Farm and my few fave Dairy Farmers Deli-Style, but I have decided to revisit an old favourite. The first one off the rank was the Premium Vanilla Cream. The yoghurt smelled quite divine, and had none of the fake vanilla taste I was expecting. The texture was smoother and creamier than the other Jalnas, so all in all very pleasing. This is definitely one of their better products. The other one of note is the Biodynamic one which I also like, but stay away from the Fat-Free and the Coffee flavoured ones.

I decided to revisit the Fat-Free products again since it has been a long time. I'm still not a fan of their Natural Fat Free in the green tub. Oh there's nothing wrong with it, just that there are better products out there. The Fat-Free BerryFruits was slightly better than the natural, the berry not too sweet, but I'm still not happy about that watery and non silky texture.

Rating - Vanilla Cream - 7, BerryFruits - 6

Look

They're one of the first to have "tub set" yoghurts, giving it a very special selling point. I'm not sure how being set in a tub actually improves a yoghurt, but there you go. One thing though, it is quite hard to get the yoghurt out of the small opening.

Rating - 1

C-factor

500g tube for around $3. I've had better.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - Vanilla Cream - 8.5, BerryFruits - 7.5

Ingredients
BerryFruit
skim milk, skim milk solids, fruit juice concentrate, fruit puree (3%), natural colour, natural falvour, live cultures

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: