Friday, August 25, 2006

Boost Juice 2

Taste

I've mentioned Boost in previous postings, I think quite highly of their products, although it's not the best smoothie place out there. I'm sad to report though that the quality has gone down (or is it just because we're at the gold coast?). The Banana Buzz - banana, low fat milk or soy, TD4 vanilla yoghurt & ice (honey optional) is suffering from the lack of bananas. I'm not sure how many bananas they usually put in here and how much they've skimmed on since the price hikes, but I sure as hell can't taste even a trace of bananas. The balance of the ingredients were all off, with the result being a sugary, watery yoghurt drink.

The Raspberry Relief - raspberries, banana, mango nectar, TD4 mango yoghurt & ice flaired better, possibly because there is less reliant on banana. The combined flavour taste more like a normal Boost, however, I think there is still less Raspberry than usual. It has been about 6 months since my last smoothie, I've been sticking to the Hotties for winter, but the only way to try and see if it's the quality that's gone down or if it was Gold Coast. Stay tuned...

Rating - 5

Look

Like I said, I applaud Boost for their innovation and knowing their brand. They've positioned themselves well in the market, but I think they've now lost the "cool" to hold one of those green styrofoam cups, simply because there are way too many Boost stores around. On the one stretch on the Gold Coast, there were 3 shops, and I've been the same thing at many shopping centres or beachside locations.

Rating - 2

C-factor

$5.40 is way too steep for a smoothie, but that's the price everybody charges, so drink sparingly. Too much Boost is not good for you anyway.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 7

Ingredients

Available At

Boost Juice Bar
Website

No comments: