Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dairy Farmer Dairy Selection - Butterscotch Pudding

Taste
Dairy Farmers has come up with a whole lot of new products lately. This one is part of their Dairy Selection which includes puddings and cheesecakes.

This one is definitely the best of the pack, or maybe I just have a preference to butterscotch. Anyone, it almost taste as good as my home-made sticky date pudding. If I don't have time to make my own, this would definitely be my 2nd choice. The only thing I have to complain about, it was a touch too sweet.

Rating - 7.5

Look

Well, the packaging design is 2nd rate, but this came in a handy 100g cup,which is just the right amount for one. All you have to do is peel the foil covering, pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and dig in. This time I heated it for 25 seconds and it was just right. The best thing is though, you don't even need to wash an extra plate.

Rating - 2

C-factor

I got this one on special at Coles, but the R.R.P is normally $3.99.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 10

Ingredients

Pudding (70%): Invert sugar syrup, wheat flour, water, breadcrumbs, sweetened condensed milk, butter, pecans (4.5%), golden syrup, humectant, emulsifier, mineral salts, egg white powder, vegetable gum, salt, flavours
Butterscotch sauce(30%): glucose, water, sugar, invert sugar syrup, sorbitol, buttermilk, butter, thickener, vegetable gum, flavours, emulsifier, food acid, mineral salt, colour

Available At

Coles
Website

No comments: