Friday, August 04, 2006

Arthouse Hotel Attic Bar

I must be getting old, but I am finding that I don't enjoy going to bars with loud music, low lighting, and no way to chill out and talk. Yes, I know this place is filled with young, skinny and cool people and is THE place to be on a Sat nite (maybe that's why I don't belong!). One thing the Attic Bar is known for is its cocktail though, so I was kean to give it a try. My first choice of apple martini($16) was unavailable, so I went for a concubine($16). It was much more sour than I expected, and no better than the cocktails I could've got at the other bars.

The food was about average for a bar . The pepperoni pizza (16) was a bit too spicy, the chilli salt & pepper squid (12) was too hot, the selection of dips and olives with flat bread (12) didn't come with enough flat bread (a pet hate), hey but you're there to drink and not to eat right?

Their toilets are located 2 levels down, and fits into the strange category that a lot of the bars and restaurants seem to be heading towards. Conclusion? Go there if you're young, you want to be seen, and you don't mind shouting for conversation.

Info
275 Pitt Street
Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone (02) 9284 1200
Website

No comments: