Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Guylian Twists - mixed selection


Taste

First of all, a confession. I've loved Guylian's seashells ever since I took that fateful bite as a child. I have to admit I haven't really tried any of their other products. So when I saw these, I knew I had to try them. There are 6 flavours in the mix:

  • dark & white chocolate original praline - basically the seashells. They taste a bit sweeter than I like, I guess your tastebuds change as you grow older. Still, this is miles above any Cadbury or Nestle products.
  • dark chocolate orange - absolutely divine. The orange smell combine beautifully with the dark chocolate.
  • milk chocolate caramel-crisp - surprisingly good with a deep caramel flavour that's not too sweet. The crisps adds a different texture.
  • dark chocolate cappuccino - great cocoa flavour thanks to the dark choc and a very smooth coffee taste
  • dark and white chocolate strawberry - way too sweet. I am never a fan of the fake strawberry taste in chocolate. Strawberries have to be done very well, which usually only the high-end chocolates can achieve.
  • milk chocolate truffle - very similar to their original sea shells, with a soft centre that's malty in taste. Quite good.

This is definitely a worthy product on the market.

Rating - 8

Look

Funky! The box is like the Cadbury favourites or Mar Celebration box, but it's in a "twisted" shape. The chocs come individually wrapped in those lolly-like foil, each distinguished by its colour. When you unwrap these babies, the chocs are all shaped like seahorses! Definitely a cut above the Cadbury and Mars.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

200g for $7.99. Cheap as chips and I'll be going back for more, after I've tried out all of their other products of course.

Rating - 1.5

Swiss Points - 12

Ingredients

Filling: sugar, vegetable fat, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, hazelnuts, wheat gluten, malt, rice flour, coffee, strawberries, glucose syrup, concentrated raspberry juice, natural flavouring, salt, artifically flavoured with yoghurt, vanillin, soya lecithin cocoa based ingredients: chocolate min 49%, milk chocolate min 34%, white choc min 25% Milk solids: milk chocolate min 22%, white choc min 30%

Available At

Supermarkets, specialty stores.

No comments: