Friday, June 30, 2006

Boost Juice


Taste

Seeing it's winter, I thought I will try a "Hotties". I chose the blueberry beauty - an uplifting antioxidant-packed mix of blueberries and Springleaf black tea, plus the goodness of real fruit juice. You can also get a chai delight, bananaberry hot choc and honey lemon. I've always liked Boost smoothies, and this one was also very yummy. It's like a berry tea except you can actually taste the berry! It's not very thick at all, with only 236 kj for each 100mL, so it's not exactly a filling unlike their smoothies.

Rating - 8

Look

One thing the Boost store does very well is their marketing and image. The cups reflect this fun image. The hottie comes with a handy sip lid so you can drink from it easily.

Rating - 2

C-factor

For a small (350mL), it's $2.95, for a regular (450mL) it's $3.75. I think Boost is usually a rip-off, and I only ever go there if I have a discount voucher or there's a special on. I think they are quite yummy though, and a good substitute for a coffee or hot chocolate, and they cost about the same in that regard.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 11

Ingredients

Springleaf black tea, apple juice, blueberries, sorbet, ice

Available At

Boost Juice
Website

No comments: