Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Asagao Bligh St

This is a chain store Japanese restaurants with quite a few outlets all over Sydney. This one is particularly popular with the lunch set.

Food

I chose the teriyaki chicken bento ($8.50) - which comes with rice, miso soup, teriyaki chicken, greens, 3 small nori rolls, a vermicelli salad, a tatoki ball, and corn and mayo salad. The chicken was tasty and tender, the rest of the meal average, but nothing special, except for the vermicelli salad, which I loved, with the crunchy texture and the fragrant of sesame seeds. The amount was just right for lunch, any more and you would be stuffed. I think their greatest achievement is actually balancing the amount of rice with the amount of chicken, one of my pet hates is having to eat plain rice or having nothing to wash down the chicken sauce!

Rating - 6.5

Atmosphere

We got there early, at around 12.20pm. By about 12.30pm, the place was filled up, it had a very buzzy atmosphere. Actually I saw quite a few people I know. The seats are very comfy, and the seating large. Despite the people it wasn't really noisy. There's not much view except for people watching though.

Rating - 2

Service

Hey it's a takeaway joint, so you help yourself. The sales people were efficient though, and everyone knows by know that's what I like best.

Rating - 3

C-factor

I quite like the environment, and the service was quick. That's all you want for lunch really? I think $8.50 is quite good value for the city, but you can probably get better value in the suburbs. We went for a nice walk down to circular quay after that, and the weather was perfect!

Rating - 1

Brownie Points - 12.5

Info

Cnr Phillip/Bridge St
Sydney
NSW 2000

No comments: