Thursday, July 06, 2006

Smoked Peppered Mackerel

Taste

There's been a guy at Harris Farm promoting this new line of smoked seafood from the Shepherd Food Company. After I've had a few taste tests, I felt obliged to buy one of these. Plus, they actually taste great. The mackerel was pretty firm, with a subtle smoked taste and a hint of chilli. I've tried the salmon and quite like it, but everybody does smoked salmon these days. If they ever go on special, or if I taste test too much again, I might get some of that next time.

Rating - 7

Look

Ummm, no smoked fish doesn't look nice. The packaging was vacuumed sealed so that was good, but once opened, you can't really reseal the thing. So I guess I'll just have to finish it in one go, hahaha.

Rating - 0.5

C-factor

$36/kg. An indulgence, but worth it.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 8.5

Ingredients

Australian blue mackerel, salt, sugar, woodsmoke

Available At

Harris Farm Markets
Website

No comments: