Thursday, July 20, 2006

You'll Love Coles Crumbed Fish Fillets

Taste

Surprisingly good. I have always steered away from packaged fish fillets, but because of this little incident, I gave it a try. We popped a few in the oven, and 15 mins later, out came these golden and crunchy fillets. Mind you, they weren't the tastiest fish I've ever had, but the topping was crunchy, the flesh firm and actually tasted of fish. The topping was a little oily, but this is processed food afterall.

Rating - 6.5

Look

I'm not a fan of the You'll love Coles packaging. I think having people on the cover look tacky, and the 1kg box is not resealable, and it was weak! After being in the freezer for awhile, the cardboard became weak and soggy.

Rating - 0

C-factor

1kg of fillets for 99 cents, you gotta love that. I think the normal price is about $6.99

Rating - 2

Swiss Points - 8.5

Ingredients

white fish joined fillet (51%), batter (water wheat flour, wheat starch, salt), breadcrumb (17%) (wheat flour, yeast, salt, emulsifier, flour treatment agent), canola oil, rice flour

Available At

Coles
Website

No comments: