Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hawthorn Slice-square

Taste

You might be wondering, What on earth is a hawthorn? I have no idea myself. I have no idea of what a hawthorn actually looks like as I've only ever had hawthorn slice, which, to the uninitiated, is an orange-brown thin slice. It's an acquired taste from childhood I think. I haven't had one of these for ages. This one seems to be made for grown-ups, the slices thicker (better!) and bigger (better!) than the ones from childhood.

Rating - 6

Look

Hmmm, not very attractive, but the thin slices and packaging make it very easy to eat and transport.

Rating - 1

C-factor

200g, not sure how much though... Def marks for making a childhood treat appealing to grown ups!

Rating - 1.5

Swiss Points - 8.5

Ingredients

fresh hawthorn 6%, water 29%, sugar

Available At

Asian Grocers

No comments: