Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Nut Shop Dark Chocolate Macadamia Slice


Taste

Well, I love dark chocolate and I love macadamia, so I figured this has to be a match made in heaven right? Unfortunately that was not the case, and I was so looking forward to this. The chocolate was dark, but it did not have that melt in the mouth quality. I actually think there was gasp! too much macadamia. I felt like I was chewing macadamia with chocolate bits. The quality of the macadamia was not good - perhaps it's been there for too long? The Use by date was Feb 2007 though...Somehow this doesn't give as much satisfaction as choc coated macadamia.

Rating - 5

Look

I guess you could call it Nostalgic Packaging, the Nut Shop logo is a bit old-fashioned. The bar itself looks dark, with ok size macadamia spread throughout.

Rating - 2

C-factor

I got the bar on special for $1.70, usually $2.00, so works out to be about 3 cents per gram. I'll use my money on either plain dark choc or plain macadamia instead.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 7

Available At

the Nut Shop
Strand Arcade:
25 Strand Arcade
Sydney City
Phone 9231 3038

Martin Place: (soon to be closed!)
Shopping Circle, Martin Place, Sydney City
Phone 9232 6635

Waterloo (Factory Outlet):
20-26 Allen St, Waterloo
Phone 9319 6574

No comments: