Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Parmalat Pure Organic milk


Taste

Ever since tasting the freshest, creamiest milk on our trip to Tassie in 2003 (henceforth known as the Holy Grail of Milk, or HGM for short), I've been on the hunt for great tasting milk. I've tried supermarket brands, boutique brands, buying milk in Tassie, buying milk in Europe, yet I cannot find anything remotely closed to the HGM. (In actual fact, most milk taste the same everywhere!). I'm afraid even this organic, unhomogenised milk from Pauls/Parmalat tastes no different to the other full cream milk.

Rating - 5

Look

The packaging is quite snazzy, the milk itself though, was thick (but not as thick as the HGM) but very white. I was expecting it to be more yellowy in colour. Could it possibly be that the milk has been whitened to appeal to the general market?

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

Well let's put it this way. It costs around $2.40 for 1 Litre of milk. I could buy 2L of normal full cream milk at Harris Farm. I would say the extra cost doesn't justify the taste. The organic and unhomogenised factors didn't play a part in the final product. If they didn't tell me there's no way I can tell.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 6.5

Available At

Most major supermarkets and some convenience and specialty health food outlets in Queensland (South East region only), New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, South Australia.

No comments: