Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Great Cocktails, Disappointing Football

After our excellent dinner at Shanghai Night, we headed off to the Bayview Tavern in Gladesville to watch England vs. Paraguay live. I was looking forward to my first pub World Cup match, but I was very disappointed with the venue. The pub itself is nice, lots of cool seatings and lots of screens, however, the people there weren't there to watch footy, they were there to be seen and to dance. There was absolutely no atmosphere, even though Slokky and Thomas dressed up in their England jersey.

The game itself was a bore, I can't believe I stayed up for this. I was better off going home to sleep. The one consolation? I had a pretty fab cocktail, Sex on the Beach ($8.00) - vodka, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice and pineapple juice.

Info
166 Victoria Rd
Gladesville
NSW 2111
Phone (02) 9817 2632
Website

No comments: