Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dairy Farmer Dairy Selection - Summer Delight Pudding

Taste
Dairy Farmers has come up with a whole lot of new products lately. This one is part of their Dairy Selection which includes puddings and cheesecakes.

The pudding is more like a cake than a pudding, like a cake drowned in berry jam actually. Well, cake and berry jam actually tastes nice, but I think I was expecting a bit more. I mean, I could combine the new myself, and save some money for my trouble. The taste? The cake and the jam were both a bit sweet, so eaten together, it was really sweet. Again though, they have balanced the ratio between cake and jam quite nicely.

Rating - 5.5

Look

Well, the packaging design is 2nd rate, but this came in a handy 100g cup,which is just the right amount for one. All you have to do is peel the foil covering, pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and dig in. This time I heated it for 25 seconds and it was just right. The best thing is though, you don't even need to wash an extra plate.

Rating - 2

C-factor

I got this one on special at Coles, but the R.R.P is normally $3.99. I probably will not pay that much normally as you only get 2 x 100g for your money, but when it's on special I will def look out for it.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 8

Ingredients

sugar, wheat flour, butter, diced apple, calcium chloride, invert sugar syrup, water, apple juice concentrate, whole egg, berries (8.5%) (boysenberries, strawberries, blackcurrants), thickener, egg white powder, sweetened condensed milk, humectant, emulsifier, mineral salt, vegetable gums, flavour, salt

Available At

Coles
Website

No comments: