Friday, June 23, 2006

David's Kitchen Laksa


Taste

This place has one of the best foodcourt laksa around, much better than the Malay Chinese Takeaway and much much better than BaBa Laksa and the Malaysian Laksa House at QVB. This time I had the seafood laksa. There was heaps of seafood, including a prawn, fish balls, squid and fish, as well as fine vermicelli noodles. Of course, everyone knows that a soup can make or break a laksa, and I have to report that David's is very coconuty (I know that's not authentic but I love coconut!) and hot enough. I'm not a fan of those sissy laksa with hardly any spice, and I absolutely can't stand the ones that are swimming in chilli oil, so David's is doing quite well to please me.

Rating - 6.5

Look

A laksa is not meant to look pretty. The soup looked coconuty but everything else just looked orange. A laksa is hard to takeaway, but I got it to the office and home and into the microwave without the container breaking, that's all you can ask really.

Rating - 1

C-factor

$5 for 2 containers after 3pm, a Bargain! Go earlier for more variety.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 8.5

Available At

Colonial Centre
Martin Place

No comments: