Friday, June 23, 2006

Dairy Farmer Deli Yoghurt


Taste

Because of the claims of "deli yoghurt" I was expecting something quite akin to the ones I usually get from Harris Farm. To my surprise, this mixed berry one from Dairy Farmer is actually better. The yoghurt was creamy, but not as heavy and thick as the Harris Farm ones, which I much prefer. I don't get such a heavy feeling in my mouth after eating it. The quantity of mixed berry was a little bit less than I expected, but enough so that every mouthful of vanilla yoghurt is accompanied by berry sauce. The actual berries themselves taste pretty good, but I would have preferred more fruit and less juice and syrup. Still this compares quite favourably with the mixed berry from Harris Farm.

I recently tried the mango, which tasted like the mango paste you get from Harris Farm yoghurts, so it compares favourably.

Rating - 7.5

Look

Ok, they can really work on their packaging to distinguish themselves from all the other yoghurts out there. By putting the berry layer at the bottom of the clear container, it was good to be able to see what you're getting, but otherwise, the yoghurt doesn't look appealing at all. The container is quite practical, with a clear lid so you can reseal and a foil covering.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

It was on special at Coles, but I think the normal retail price is around $4? for 350g. Not as expensive as Harris Farm ones, but more expensive then their Ski range and their traditional range. In my opinion, buy on special, otherwise, try Attiki!

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 10

Ingredients (for Mixed Berry)

concentrated skim milk, milk, fruit (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, cranberry juice, lemon juice) 12%, cream, sugar, milk protein, halal gelatine, cultures, pectin, natural flavour and colour.

Available At

Coles
Website

No comments: