Friday, June 30, 2006

Uncle Tobys Museli Bar


Taste

I haven't had one of these Uncle Tobys bars for ages, but from what I recall of them, they were too sweet and too hard. My piano student gave me a few to try recently, and I can say that they have improved. Museli bars are still not my favourite thing, these were still too sweet for my taste. I'm happy to report that they are softer, but a don't really enjoy the chewy texture. The apricot bar flaired better than the forest fruit, possibly because, well, besides it being a great onomatopoeia, what on earth are forest fruits?? Each bar combined chunks of coconut with oats and honey, and other goodies. There's quite a bit of fruit which is nice to see.

Rating - 5.5

Look

Well, they've updated the packaging, now it's in a shiny and new white foil wrapper. The old one did bring back some nostalgic value but the new one is much more visually appealing, especially to adults... lots like they're trying to capture the mums.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

Well, I got all 31.3 g of them for free and they bring back childhood memories, it's nice to see them still churning them out, even if I've moved on.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 7.5

Ingredients

rolled oats (32%), glucose, sugar, vegetable oil, antioxidants, whole wheat(6%), maize starch, red cherry fruit pieces (4.5%), fruit (cherry puree(2%), apple paste, pear paste), invert sugar, sugar, vegetable fat, blueberry puree(2%),almond, coconut, oat flour, rice flour, skim milk powder, honey, emulsifier, flavour, food acid, preservatives.

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere.

No comments: