Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rocks Aroma Festival 2007


I had wanted to go to this ever since its reception, but because I have had to work on a Sunday for the last 10 years, I never got the chance. This year, being my first and last chance to make it there, I was determined. I was glad to hear that they have added chocolate and spices to the coffee and tea program.

We arrived at around 2:30pm, and the place was packed. There were very long queues around all the coffee carts, with some, such as Tobys Estate and Café Hernandez, that were extra popular.

I did a quick tour around, looking at the stands. The standouts were Turkish Coffee House with their belly dancers, the entertainers, for their fair-trade chocolate, Piazza D’Oro for their free hot chocolate samples. There were various other suppliers of oil, nuts and lollies for sample, but I didn’t want to wait in line for them. There were also a lot of people pushing chai-latte too, but again, I could not sample any of them so I can’t comment.

After the crowd died down a bit, I did manage to get my hands on a skim cappuccino ($1) at artecaffe, who are actually roasters of their own blend. I wanted to try something that was harder to come by and not at many cafes, that’s why I chose them. I went for the weaker stuff because I was hoping to try more, and this did not disappoint. The beans had a slight nutty flavour and I could tell was freshly grounded too. It’s funny how there’s such a big difference in coffee. I’m going to miss it when I go away. I couldn’t face the line, and so ended my coffee experience.

No comments: