Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Eatwell Gourmet Selection Sweet Thai Chilli Vegetable Sausages


Taste

I should’ve known better than to buy vegetarian sausages. I only have myself to blame. These sausages from Eatwell Gourmet were not that bad – if you think you are eating tofu. To call them sausages is a sin, as they have nothing in common with sausages, except their looks. The meat is dense and packed in, there is way too much seasoning to make it taste palatable, and the whole thing doesn’t fry up very well. An absolute failure in my book.

Rating - 3

Look

Like real sausages, except with more of a fake red tinge…more like the dyed sausages I suppose? They even come in one of those black trays like as if you were draining fat from it!

Rating - 2

C-factor

I got my 240g for $.50 because they were trying to get rid of them…and I don’t blame them!

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 5.5

Ingredients

vegetable (36%) [carrot, cabbage, potato, peas, zucchini], water, chickpeas, wheat flour ,textured soy protein, tomato paste, sugar, salt, dehydrated fruit & vegetable, maltodextrin, herbs & spices (chilli .25%), wheat fibre, food acids, flavour, spice extract colour, rice flour, spice extract, vegetable extracts

Available At

Organic Shops

No comments: