Friday, June 08, 2007

Park Hyatt Sydney


I know, not strictly a restaurant visit, but I wanted to describe the beautiful setting I was in while I ate this dish.

Food

This is from the pool menu, but I notice it’s also on the restaurant menu. The jannei goats curd tart $23, roasted vegetables and eggplant caviar had little carrot and asparagus with a balsamic reduction. The vegetable were very pretty but wasn’t really that full of flavours. The pastry was pleasantly crunchy but it wasn't that buttery.

Rating - 6.5

Atmosphere

Well, what can I say, I was seated by the pool, watching the ships sail by on Darling Harbour and the tourists milling around the Opera House, and was totally pampered. Mind you I had to pay for it, but boy, was it fun!

Rating - 2.5

Service

They brought my meal on a silver tray, with napkin and silverware, cups of steaming hot herbal tea to order, and gave me a bunch of magazines for me to pass my time. Top class service, but you have to expect that from a five-star hotel.

Rating - 4.5

C-factor

It was expensive!! I got a facial, massage and mud wrap and lunch for $355. However, you are absolutely pampered, and it’s worth it for the experience.

Rating - 0.5

Brownie Points - 14

Info

7 Hickson Road
The Rocks
NSW
2000
Phone (02) 9241 1234
Website

No comments: