Friday, June 08, 2007

Byron Bay Cookie Company Christmas Shortbread Assortment

Taste

I was really excited about these as I love their shortbread and really want to taste what they can do with their lemon shortbread. Well, it was still really good shortbread, but it didn’t really blow me away with anything extra special. The traditional shortbread was still excellent, I guess maybe I have such high expectation from Byron Bay Cookie Company. Oh these were nice all right, just not the best out of the range I guess.

Rating - 7.5

Look

This came in a longer than usual tin, being long and thin instead of wider and shorter, with delectable drawings on the outside. Inside are two individually wrapped biscuit packs, all lemony yellow from the shortbread.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

200g tin for $15.95. I’ve said many times before, they are totally worth the money!

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 11

Ingredients

Traditional Shortbread

wheat flour, butter, sugar, wheaten cornflour, rice flour, salt

Lemon and Macadamia Nut Shortbread

wheat flour, butter, wheaten cornflour, sugar, macadamia nuts (8%), salt, lemon oil

Available At

David Jones Foodhall
Website

No comments: