Thursday, January 25, 2007

Coffee Philosophy by Mocopan


Taste

I have walked past here a lot of times, and their coffee looks great. Unfortunately I only had $10 with me and because their food is so expensive and they don't accept credit card for <$20, I can't order a coffee. So... I can only report on their food.

At 12:30pm, the only sandwich choice left is the roast beef ($8.50), so I didn't have a choice really but to order that. The sandwich was toasted and paired with a side salad, but it was only kinda warm... The roast beef didn't seem fresh and the cheese wasn't even melted. The relish was quite nice but the Turkish bread was a bit hard and dry. The lettuce was limp...I am beginning to think that this is a leftover sandwich...Luckily the salad was fresh, with juicy tomatoes and FRESH lettuce.

I can't blame them really as their focus is coffee, and I'm sure I won't be back for the food. Here's hoping their coffee is worth it.

Rating - 4.5

Look

Located on the ground level of the Strand Arcade, with dark wood paneling and a huge coffee machine. Their coffee offerings look really good... their food display is lackluster. All the other coffee shops in the strand were packed with lunch crowds, except for this place, which still had a few seats of their like 10 seat shop left. The seats are also not built for lunch. You have to perch on stools, and the benches are very narrow, with no room to put your plates. There are inbuilt holes for sugar that you can't move out of the way either. I felt like I was an intruder and not meant to be there!

Rating - 1

C-factor

Ok, since they ARE in the Strand Arcade, they must be paying a bucket load for rent, but for a $8.50 sandwich, I expect a lot more. I mean, they don't even have table service! Plus, I was meeting my least favourite person in the world for a business transaction, so that's just sour on sour!

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 5.5

Available At

Shop 27, Strand Arcade
125 Pitt St Mall
Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone (02) 9231 3002
Website

No comments: