Saturday, October 07, 2006

Wraptt

There's a new franchise in town, and it's my duty as a committed food blogger to go and check it out. The first shop of what is meant to be many is located at my favourite shopping centre, Rhodes.

Taste

All they do are wraps and drinks. Basically you choose a meat or veg combo (beef, chicken, veg), the type of bread (regular (i.e. white) or wholemeal), choose a size (small or regular), add a drink, pay, get your docket, and wait for your number to be called.

While I was waiting I sampled some of their juice offerings - there are about 6 different varieties. They aren't freshly squeezed but are organic. They were nice but not spectacular. I don't know if being organic actually adds anything to the taste. Before I knew it, my order was ready.

I chose the Regular True Blue Wrap ($7.95) - strips, lean bacon, tomato, lettuce and BBQ sauce all on a freshly made and baked wholemeal pita bread, and a Regular Raspberry and Apple Organic Juice ($3.95). The wrap was warmed in the oven, and you can certainly taste the difference. It was soft and fresh, the chicken of great quality and the vegetables fresh.

On my second outing, I chose the Mediterranean – chicken strips, roast capsicum, lettuce and low fat pesto mayo ($7.95) - which had a bit of bite in the sauce, but was not too out there. As usual, the bread was excellent. Slokky's Ultimate – beef strips, lean bacon, tomato, lettuce, grilled onion, beetroot chutney and dijonnaise ($7.95) was not bad either. the beef was a little bit too cooked for my liking, but the accompaniment and the sauce were all wonderful. We also had one of their organic cappuccino ($2.40), especially made by their barista, but it was nothing special at all.

Rating - 8

Look

This place reminds me of Wellbeing, with the same white and green logo, and the emphasis on quick, fresh, fast food. It certainly looked promising, a bright place with fresh-faced young people eager to serve you, and you can view the people rolling out the fresh wraps. The wraps are nicely wrapped too! You tear along the dotted lines which exposes the middle of the wrap, and viola, no mess.

Rating - 2

C-factor

Compared to the other fast food places like Maccas or Oporto, it is more expensive, but theirs is much higher in quality, I just wonder if people will pay for quality. I hope they do well.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 11

Available At

Lvl 1 Food Court
Rhodes Shopping Centre
1 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW
Phone (02)9798 8437
Website

No comments: