Wednesday, October 04, 2006

King Island Roaring Forties Blue


Taste

Before I even comment on this, regular readers should already know I am biased, being a lover of blue cheese, and being a fan of King Island Dairy. I've tried their Bass Strait Blue and their Lighthouse Blue Brie, and this one is, in my opinion, slightly better than the others. The blue-vein taste is stronger, the cheese itself is sweeter, the texture is more crumbly, but on the palate, it melts in your mouth. I paired mine with dried apricot - heaven.

But hey, if you don't believe me, you can check out the range of awards they've won.

Rating - 8

Look

A layer of deep blue wax covers a creamy cheese with lots of blue-vein throughout. The cheese came plastic wrapped, not the best, but there is never enough to last more than a few days :)

Rating - 2

C-factor

120 g for $4.99, a great price for a great cheese.

Rating - 1.5

Swiss Points - 11.5

Ingredients

pasteurised milk, salt, mineral salt, enzyme, cultures

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: