Monday, October 09, 2006

Eastshore Kitchen

TGV have been running this food promotion in October, where you can scratch and win lunch vouchers. Lo and behold, I won, so off I went to claim my prize.

Taste

TGV has one of the best food courts in the CBD, including the famous Chat Thai. The Chinese and Malaysian shop next door, Eastshore Kitchen, is where I won my Wonton Noodle Soup ($5.90) and water ($2.50). I haven't tried anything here before, but I was definitely missing my wonton since the Canada outing. I have to say, this was not bad at all. The noodles had a real spring and bite, just like any good wonton noodle should. The wontons were not as juicy or tasty as Canada, but the wrapping was very smooth. The soup was great, quite clear, had a depth of flavour, and was not too salty. A few sprigs of vegetables completed the look.

Rating - 7.5

Look

For a food court, beautifully presented in a big bowl. The vegetables were a vibrant green, the noodles a vivid yellow, add a dollop of fiery red chilli, and lunch is served.

The food court is also better than some. It gets quite busy there, but there's a raised section off to the side, with banquette seating, that's a bit quieter. The tables there are also quite spacious, so there's plenty of space to put your stuff.

Rating - 2

C-factor

Free food that tastes great, not to mention great lunch company, makes me happy indeed. I will be back, even if I have to pay for my own meal.

Rating - 2

Swiss Points - 11.5

Available At

Eastshore Kitchen
TGV
Lower Ground Floor
500 George St
Sydney
NSW 2000

No comments: