Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tilba Club Applebox Smoked


Taste

A rather unremarkable cheese if I do say so myself. The smoky flavour was not that strong, but you can taste a subtle hint of it. The cheese is also slightly sweeter than I thought it would be. The thing I didn't really like was the waxy and slimy texture - but that might be due to its packaging?

Rating - 5.5

Look

Quite pretty with a smoky brownish tint. The wax covering was a light grey, a change from the reds and blacks you always see. Like I mentioned, Harris Farm shrinks wrap this which might have contributed to its texture.

Rating - 1

C-factor

$26.99/kg is quite expensive in my opinion. Tilba is not really marketed as a boutique brand so I expected it to be cheaper.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 7

Ingredients

cheese(pasteurised milk, salt, cultures, enzumes, rennet), natural smoke flavour (min .2%), sweet paprika, mineral salts, preservatives.

Available At

Harris Farm Market
Website

No comments: