Monday, October 09, 2006

Breadtop Bread


Taste

I've tried Breadtop many times before. All their stuff had been a bit hit and miss. Since I loved their Pork Floss loaf, I tried the Taro which wasn't as good. This time, we picked up the Coconut Loaf ($4.90). I think this was the worst of all the loaves. The coconut was too sweet, the bread was much harder than I expected, The coconut, like the rest of their loaves, came in big chunks in bits of the bread. This worked quite well with the Pork Floss and to a lesser extend the Taro, but for the coconut, it meant you were either eating very sweet filling or very plain bread. The combo of coconut and bread is not new, the problem is that it was perfected in the form of a cocktail bun, and there ain't no need to improve on perfection! You might ask, why would I choose this bread to start with? In my defence, it wasn't my choice, I would have stuck to their more unusual offerings.

Rating - 5

Look

Hey, this certainly looks more appealing than your run-of-the-mill cocktail bun, but I don't judge my food on their looks...much.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

For $4.90 I could buy 6 cocktail buns, I know which one I would choose.

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 7

Available At

Breadtop everywhere
Website

No comments: