Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Margaret River Dairy Company Baked Ricotta

Taste

There are several baked ricotta in the range by the Margaret River Diary Company. I tried the Chilli. The ricotta, as expected was quite plain. I'm not sure what the baking actually did because I couldn't taste any difference, except that the ricotta was harder than normal. I like the chilli, adding the kick the ricotta really needs.

The Chives and Onions is much more subtle in flavour. I couldn't really taste very much distinguishing factors at all. I would use this more as a plain ricotta, maybe to add to a salad.

Rating - 6.5

Look

The red chilli flakes and the brown "baked" edges makes it very interesting. The not uniformed look makes this seem very homely. The packaging is not crash hot but then again, being wrapped in plastic is not that great.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

250g for $4.99 is ok, but I think I would rather buy plain ricotta. I could eat ricotta with anything...

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 9

Ingredients

cheese whey, milk, salt, acetic acid, chilli flakes (.45%), parsley flakes (.05%)

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: