Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ronda-epicure with Edge Pate

Taste

I tried theMaison first. I expected this to have a strong taste of alcohol, but it was not the case at all. In fact, it did not taste strongly of anything, including liver, which, for me, is the whole point of having pate. The texture was also a bit dry and the jelly top also tasteless...

I did warn Slokky about buying another of their pate, but he didn't listen, so I sneaked a taste of their Green peppercorn and cognac to see if that Maison was a one off. Alas, I should have gone with my instinct, this one still has no taste, but the green peppercorn sure gives it a sting, to the point of being overpowering.

Rating - 4.5

Look

Unlike others who don't like the colour, I always like the look of pate. This one came prettily packaged. You peel the backing, run a knife around the ages, and serve. Easy really.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

150g for $4.60. I've had better.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 7

Ingredients
Maison

chicken liver (53.47%), chicken stock, butter, onions, potato starch, soy isolate, food acids, salt, seasoning, Maison

Green peppercorn

chicken liver (53.47%), chicken stock, butter, onions, potato starch, sultana, soy isolate, cognac (.71%), green & black peppercorns (.53%), food acids, salt, garlic

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: