Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tiffinbites Canary Wharf 3

Food

So I tried to order my Mango Lassi again, and after a long wait so that they can check whether it’s available, I find out it’s not, again. This time though, we got complimentary Papadum with a very sweet, almost lolly like sweetness. Since my curry was not hot enough last time, I picked the hottest thing on the menu, the Lamb Rogan Josh (£9.95) - Tender lamb in a classic tomato & ginger curry, served with Aloo Matar Rassedar, potato & pea curry and Pilau rice, which was NOT HOT AT ALL. Actually I was disappointed with this. The lamb was pretty tender, but the sauce really just lacked depth. The potato and pea curry was also boring, with the tomato flavour dominating, rather than any spices or heat. Have they tamed this place down even more for the Westerners?

Rating - 5

Atmosphere

The place was empty, but I got told I had to book if I want to use the taste London offer – stupid.

Rating - 1

Service

This guy was worst than the one last time. He didn’t know anything and had to check with the manager all the time, and then said I need to book if I want to use the Taste London card. He didn’t calculate the total correctly anyway, and he had to redo the bill. Our food arrived about 2 minutes after we ordered…so much for cooking your meal to order.

Rating - 2

C-factor

Because we had 50% off, it was worth eating here, otherwise, forget about it.

Rating - 1

Brownie Points - 9

Info

22-23 Jubilee Place
Canary Wharf
London
E14 5NY
Phone +44 (0) 20 7719 0333
Website

No comments: