Friday, January 01, 2010

Sri Nam Thai Canary Wharf 4

It has been a long while, but I have been hankering for Asian food lately.

Food

It looks like the menu has been slightly updated. Lamb has been appealing to me lately, so I went for the Rendeng Lamb Curry (£7.50) again, which I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised about. After only having some average meals previously, I was not expecting anything special, but the lamb was succulent and tender, and the sauce actually had some spice in it. I didn’t get a single potato in mine, but the boys were happy to pass theirs along. I do like potatoes that have been absorbing rending sauce…the rice though, was like gluggy sushi rice, not happy.

Rating - 6.5

Atmosphere

This time we went Friday 12:15, and we couldn’t even get a table, ended up having to sit on the stools, which was impossible to push in while get up on at the same time. Not the most comfortable. It just proves that there is nowhere to go to eat at Canary Wharf.

Rating - 1.5

Service

Still poor if you ask me. Well, they have plenty of business, so I guess it doesn’t matter to them.

Rating - 2

C-factor

£7.50 + service charge, not the cheapest meal you can have. But at least this one was nice.

Rating - 1

Brownie Points - 11

Info

10 Cabot Square
London
E14 4QB
Phone+44 (0) 20 7517 2898
Website

No comments: