Friday, January 01, 2010

Tiffinbites Canary Wharf 2

Not my choice to come here again, especially not at lunch…but, as it wasn’t my choice, that’s how I ended up here :)

Food

I couldn’t believe that they didn’t have lassies… so someone didn’t do their job on Monday morning. I had the Keema Mattar Masala (£9.50) - Lamb mince & peas flavoured with coriander, tomato &
onion served with Ma Di Daal, urad lentils and Cumin Pilau.
. The lamb was not really hot, tasting more like a tomato based bolognaise sauce instead…which is not really a bad thing per sa, but not really curry like or Indian related. The side dish was daal, which, after all the beautiful daals that I have tasted, was a bit boring. It’s a perfectly passable meal, but just not great.

Rating - 6

Atmosphere

It was empty when we sat down, but by the time we left, the place had filled up. I suppose if you want a nice place to sit down and chat in CW, there’s not that many options. And I am sure the décor suits the Westerners.

Rating - 1.5

Service

Not great. There is nothing on the menu, and they weren’t very friendly.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

Mega expensive, considering how well I can eat at Tayyabs.

Rating - 0

Brownie Points - 9

Info

22-23 Jubilee Place
Canary Wharf
London
E14 5NY
Phone +44 (0) 20 7719 0333
Website

No comments: