Monday, November 06, 2006

Pesto

Yes, I've been visiting the Chifley Plaza Food Court quite a bit lately. I decided to venture away from Ton Ton to try something else this time. Italian was the pick, so I ventured to Pesto, which serves a range of pastas and salads, all displayed in bain-marines. You order and they reheat it for you.

Taste

I picked 2 pastas:

  • Spinach & ricotta cannelloni - giant rolls of slightly overcooked cannelloni filled with a plain spinach and ricotta mix. The heavy tomato and cheese sauce was nice tasting but there was way too much of it and overwhelmed the dish.
  • Gnocchi Sardinia - with boccolini, tomatoes and basil. The ingredients in this one was quite nice, with a nice sauce, but the gnocchi let it down, being soft, floury and tasteless.
I finished the meal with a skinny cap ($2.40) which was pulled a bit too long so it was bitter and the cream was not that nice. So, all in all, a pretty disappointing experience. Maybe I should've stuck to Ton Ton.

Rating - 5

Look

Everything looked fresh and appealing in their display, with vibrant colours and clearly labeled food and prices. The shop itself was very modern, with that stainless steel minimalist look. And you all know what I think about the food court so I won't drone on again.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

$7 for pasta and a cap, normally $8 for the pasta and $2.40 for the coffee. I saved a bit but I won't be going back in a hurry.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 8.5

Available At

Shop F3, Level 1, Chifley Plaza
2 Chifley Square
Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone (02) 9232 5147

No comments: