Friday, November 10, 2006

Sanitarium Granola Clusters


Taste

I tried the Vanilla and almond version of this new cereal range. They are very interesting, a mix of corn flakes, and "clusters" (really the best way to describe them) of Sanitarium's Weet Bix, mixed with bits of dried fruit and nuts. After you add milk, the clusters become the soggy texture that Weet Bix gets, that so many people don't like, but then the nuts are bitey. The corn flakes still remain crunchy. All I can say is, it doesn't taste too bad but it's quite strange. Given the vast choice of cereals out there, I can see that they are trying to do something different, but I think I prefer sticking to the traditional. Rating - 5.5

Look

The packaging is quite funky, evoking a very healthy image. The box is like the other cereals, so once opened, it's not a great place to store this stuff. The actual "clusters" themselves don't look very appealing at all...

Rating - 0.5

C-factor

Got my FREE 40g sample at Martin Place station. Since then, I've picked up a few more samples. Hmmmm, they must be really desperate to sell, and I can see why!

Rating - 1.5

Swiss Points - 7.5

Ingredients

wholegrain cereals (52%), (Oats, wheat), sugar, corn grits, vegetable oils, almonds (4%), rice, dried apple (3%), maltodextrin, salt, barley malt extract, flavour, vitamins, mineral

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: