Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Harris Farm Yoghurt

Taste

Before I discovered all the other wonderful deli-style yoghurts, I used to love the Harris Farm yoghurts. Well, it's been awhile so I thought I would give this another try to see how it compares now that I've tried a few different ones. It's still thick, but as you can see from the ingredients, by using gelatine, it's probably not a good way of achieving this thickness.

The yoghurt is a bit too sweet for my liking. I tried both the blueberry - I couldn't really distinguish the blueberry pieces from anything else - they seem to be pulverised to a pulp, and the mango - a subtle mango taste, quite nice.

Rating - Blueberry - 5, Mango - 6

Look

The blueberry was Very spectacular and beautiful, a blue purple colour with little bits of blueberry floating through. The mango was a bit less spectacular but still looked very inviting. They both came in the handy round tubs that's quite strong and closes well.

Rating Blueberry - 2, Mango - 1.5

C-factor

Very exy at $6.99 for 700g, $8.99 for 1kg. The plain yoghurts are $2 cheaper than their flavour cousins.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - Blueberry - 7, Mango - 7.5

Ingredients for blueberry

milk, cream, skim milk concentrate, sugar, blueberries, culture, gelatine

Available At

Harris Farm Markets
Website

No comments: