Monday, November 06, 2006

Farewell Drinks by the Water


This is a long overdue review. A few months ago we ventured to Bungalow 8 for Friday night farewell drinks for a colleague. I arrived at around 6.30 and the place was packed! For those of you who haven't been, Bungalow 8 occupies the ground floor site of King Street Wharf, just below where its exclusive cousin The Loft sits. Unlike its cousin, B8 doesn't have a strict door policy and is not up itself, so you will find all manners of people there. The space is HUGE but is usually filled with people. We found some seats closed to the bar and ordered up. My vodka sunrise (not my choice) was ok, I'm not really a fan, I think the orange juice overpowers the vodka (that's the last time I get a guy to choose a drink for me, they think that's what "girly" drinks are). It's not really a place for people who enjoy their cocktails, more a place to slam down quite a few, regardless of taste.

It's one of those places where you go to enjoy the company, loud music, and there are huge plasma screens so you'll find sports playing constantly. Somewhere to go where you don't have to worry about how you look and go and have a good time.

Info
8, The Promenade
King Street Wharf
Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone (02) 9299 4660
Website

No comments: