Monday, March 20, 2006

Go Pho Before Pho Goes

I must be getting old, things seem to change very quickly nowadays.

It was networking day so I went to visit Hunter Arcade food court. The cheap $6 Viet place is no more, replaced by a still cheap, but not as cheap Viet place. The crepe place has closed down, and about 3 new Japanese, including a sushi train, a few new Koreans and a Thai, "fry while you watch" place has opened up. There is still a bit of competition with one Japanese place having "All Meals $6". It looked quite tempting but I decided that every food court or otherwise outing I've had was for Jap food, I decided to give something else a try.

It being a cold day and me having a really blocked nose made me want to have noodle soup. I tried the Chicken Pho at the Viet place. It cost me $5.50 and was very quick (yup, real Viet place).

The soup base was ok, but I have had much better, especially at An Restaurant at Bankstown (Go check it out, they only serve Pho!). Anyway, back to my Pho, it came with a bunch of bean sprouts which pleased me. Noodles were standard. After applying chilies, it was a pretty good lunch. The chicken wasn't the best and there wasn't much of it, but that was ok with me too. (Still wondering how I'm going to last with all that meat next month...) All in all, good value and a good feed in the city for $5.50 at lunch. If I go to Hunter again, I will be giving that Jap place a go.... but I wonder if it will still be there next time I go back....

No comments: