Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weis' Bar


Taste

I tried both the Macadamia Mango and Cream and the original Mango and Cream from Weis. I thought they would be pretty similar, but I was surprised at how much more the macadamias actually add. The macadamia bar seems creamier, the flavour more robust with the macadamia. The mango was its usual sweet self and the creamy was sweet and soft. My only gripe was that the macadamia seems to be towards the end of their shelf live.

Rating - 7.5

Look

I tried both the 4 bars and the 8 mini bars. I definitely prefer the mini bars as it’s just right for one sitting, unless you were feeling pretty hungry of course. I really like the look and their packaging. You can really pick it up and eat without much mess.

Rating - 2

C-factor

280ml of 4 bars for $5.99. Not too bad, but not the cheapest thing you can buy

Rating - 0.5

Swiss Points - 10

Ingredients

ice confection: mango (40%), water, sugar, milk solids, coconut milk solids, glucose syrup, vegetable gums, natural colour, food acid, anatural vanilla flavour. ice cream with macadamia nuts: cream (40%), water, sugar, macadamia nuts (12%), glucose syrup, milk solids

Available At

Supermarkets everywhere

No comments: