Thursday, August 23, 2007

Viking Platter Swedish Style Cod Roe

Taste

I was looking forward to tasting these, but wow, I guess it’s an acquired taste. The cod roe was SO salty, and I only had a little bit. I had an overwhelming feeling of fishiness. The suggestions for use were for sandwiches, salads and garnish, but I wouldn’t use this on any of those…

Rating - 2

Look

It’s in a tub that you squeeze out. You can get some very nice pattern with the design they’ve got, so I guess at least there’s some novelty there!

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

150g for $5. I know it’s imported, but I wouldn’t pay for this.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 4.5

Ingredients

mildly smoked selected fish roe (50%), vegetable oil, sugar, potato flakes, water, tomato puree, salt ,preservative (0.2%), sodium benzoate), antioxidant

Available At

Harris Farm Market
Website

No comments: