Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tender Value Meats Moroccan Lamb & Raisin Sausage

Taste

We picked up these little (or should I say big) babies at the Gluten Free Gourmet Expo. Being gluten free isn't their only claim to fame though, they also Won Best sausage in NSW and a Gold Award in the Sydney Royal Fine Foods Show.

They taste quite meaty, but the raisins add a sweetness to it, which I actually don't like. The sausage itself is great quality but I prefer my sausages to taste more savoury than sweet. Sometimes a hint of sweetness lifts the sausages but I think these are overpowered.

Rating - 6

Look

Like a sausage... a dark brown colour but with bits of raisins dispersed throughout. And it also came in your typical sausage container

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

$7.50 for around 500g, pretty good for the quality of ingredients but not really to my taste.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 8.5

Available At

12 Florence St
Hornsby
NSW 2077
Phone (02) 9987 4028

No comments: