Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lindt Dark Hot Chocolate


Lindt Cafe used to be the favourite haunt of my old work team, but since I left and since they jacked up their prices, I haven't been back. Today though, I had this craving for hot chocolate, so that's how I found myself back there, ordering up. The place was packed as usual, and I had to wait quite awhile for my hot chocolate.

Taste

Followers of this blog will know that I love dark chocolate, so I ordered a dark hot chocolate ($3.50). Take-away is not as fun as having it there, where they serve froth milk in one jug, and melted choc in the other, and you mix the two to the sweetness you desire. For takeaway though, they determine all that for you, but they do put a sprinkling of chocolate shivers on top, just like they do with all their coffee orders. You can tell that this has been made with real chocolate, a dark milky drink, it's very filling, and for some reason, tastes better than Max Brenner's.

I also picked up the Coffee Delice ($1.70) - which is a French macaroons, two small mounds of melt in the mouth almond meringue sandwiched together with a rich ganache filling. This one is a Coffee macaroon dusted with cocoa powder with a Lindt dark chocolate and coffee filling. I am not usually a fan of meringues, but this one really is melt in the mouth, and light as a feather. The filling was complex, I really like this!

I also had the opportunity to try the Giajuda Delice ($1.70), which, could you believe, was prehaps even better than the coffee. Giajuda means hazelnut, and this one was nutty and chocolatey!

Rating - 7.5

Look

If you haven't checked out the cafe, go do it. A space with extra high ceiling, there are all the Lindt products on display, it's very tempting while you wait. The chocolate and delice both look as good as they taste!

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

$3.50 for a small takeaway, $4 for a large. It's up to $5 for eat in. The delice are $1.70 each or 2 for $4 eat in. Lindt is pretty expensive, but I think it's worth trying, if it's only once.

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 11

Available At

53 Martin Place
Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone (02) 8257 1600

No comments: