Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Zenja 2


Time for another girly catch-up. I was a bit apprehensive about going to Zenja after my experiences last time, but on occasions before that one, I've had such a great time here that I decided I needed another evaluation, and I am so glad I did.

Food

The girls were happy to have brunch. They ordered the Bacon omelette ($8.90), which looked lovely and fluffy, and the corn fritters, which I am happy to report, has two healthy stems of asparagus instead of the tips we got last time.

I decided to deviate from the normal and ordered lunch instead of breakfast items. The Grilled Chicken Burger ($12.90) came with a lettuce salad, dressed just right, a side of thick chips, crunchy and fluffy, which I couldn't finish, and a dusty flour bun with melted cheese and tomato, grilled chicken fillets, tomatoes and mayo. I love the combo of chicken, tomato and mayo. Everything just goes together so nicely. The bun was soft and fresh, much more like what I expect from Zenja.

I also got the Zenja Daily ($5) - a bit more watery than I expected, but refreshing nevertheless.

Rating - 7.5

Atmosphere

I haven't stayed very late for lunch before. The place seems to be quieter at lunchtime. This was such a glorious day that eating at a cafe that lets all the elements in is the best way to wind away a morning...or an afternoon.

Rating - 2.5

Service

It was very reassuring to have the owner hind the counter again. It seemed to make a difference to the food and the service. My gfs were late so I sat at a table by myself, reading the paper. They were very accommodating about that. They gave us plenty of time to pursue the menu, and delivered the meals quickly. The staff were very polite and I didn't notice any mishaps like last time. In fact, I witness quite the opposite. While I was waiting, I saw the owner call over to a few regulars for some coffees and a few people stopped by just to chat, a good sign.

Rating - 4

C-factor

The gfs forgot to use the e-voucher, so we ended up paying full price. We did spend over 2 hours there so the price was right. This just gives us the excuse to go back again I guess!

Rating - 1

Brownie Points - 15

Info

5 George Street
North Strathfield
NSW 2037
Phone (02) 9746 9334

No comments: