Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sri Nam Thai Canary Wharf 2

I know, back again so soon, but you have to understand, it’s not like there’s much choices here at Canary Wharf.

Food

I had heard good things about the green curry, so I decided to give it a try. The Thai Green Curry with Chicken (£7.50) was satisfying, yet disappointing. The sauce was not hot enough, although the fresh chilli they give you to adjust the heat helps, but the meal was let down by some really rough chicken pieces. Portions are quite generous for the price.

Rating - 5.5

Atmosphere

At first I was seated upstairs, which is a whole different ball-game, with tablecloth and proper glassware. Downstairs is much more casual, and you can’t book. Otherwise, it was as busy on this Monday as the other Monday I was here.

Rating - 2

Service

I booked a table for 3. When I got there, I was told that my guests have already arrived, only to find that people I didn’t know have taken my table!! That wasn’t much of a problem as all of upstairs was empty. However, I really wanted to eat downstairs so we moved down no probs. The rest of the wait staff were still pretty good, although today they weren’t smiling.

Rating - 3

C-factor

£7.50 is still better value than Wagamama.

Rating - 1

Brownie Points - 11.5

Info
10 Cabot Square
London
E14 4QB
Phone+44 (0) 20 7517 2898
Website

No comments: