Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sri Nam Thai Canary Wharf

I’m quickly building up my collection of Canary Wharf eatery…I am actually hoping to space them out so I don’t visit them all within a year.

Food

I managed to taste my colleague’s red curry, which was quite nice. It is a bit on the sweet side, but on the bottom note, has some heat and spicing. The Phad Siew (£7.50) – rice noodle with king prawn also lean on the sweet side. But the greens are fresh and the 4 prawns that I got were juicy and charred nicely.

Rating - 7

Atmosphere

OMG, there were actually a lot of “Orientals” dining here, and the wait staff too, were oriental. Whether this is showing authenticity or they were just hiring cheap labour, I don’t really know. I’ve heard that this place gets very busy, but we had no trouble getting a table after 1pm. The room was about ¾ full, popular for dining with your co-workers. Décor isn’t too cliché, the room is very good looking, but that brown timber theme is here too. How about some individuality?

Rating - 1.5

Service

They were pleasant, asking for our drink order then coming to take our food order in good time. They delivered in good time too. I hope this service level is the same when it’s busy. The waiters have to wear those Thai style uniform (no, not the bikini looking one, rather, the Chairman Mao ones but in bright colours).

Rating - 3.5

C-factor

If you don’t convert it back to Aussie $, it’s not too bad. The servings are generous enough and the quality is not too bad. I did get 4 prawns afterall.

Rating - 0.5

Brownie Points - 12.5

Info

10 Cabot Square
London
E14 4QB
Phone+44 (0) 20 7517 2898
Website

No comments: