Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pizza Express Canary Wharf


Another lunch, another chain. I have heard many good things about Pizza Express, so I wanted to try it for myself.

Food

The menu has your standard pasta, pizza and salad, your typical “Westernised” Italian really. There are one or two more interesting items on the menu though. I chose something from their “seasonal” menu. The mushroom and prosciutto pasta bake (£7.25) was ok. You get macaroni mixed in a creamy with somewhat bland cream sauce. There’s a generous amount of prosciutto but not very much mushrooms (which had no mushroom taste at all). This is all baked with a large amount of cheese, and it’s served in a cast iron dish, so at least that was cool. I’ve had much better pasta, but at least it was quite eatable.

Rating - 5

Atmosphere

The place was ¾ full for Tuesday lunch, which I have been told is actually a slow day. I guess it’s like all the other Pizza Express. There are flowers on the table and nice enough décor. It’s nothing out of the ordinary but nothing flashy.

Rating - 1.5

Service

Very indifferent. They do their job, just like robots. It took awhile to get the bill, but it did arrive at the end. I’ll hate to see what the service is like when it’s a busy day.

Rating - 2

C-factor

About the same as all the other chain stores I suppose. You do get quite a bit of pasta and meat for the price.

Rating - 0.5

Brownie Points - 9

Info

200 Cabot Place East
London
E14 4QT
Phone+44 (0) 20 7513 0513
Website

No comments: