Sunday, February 17, 2008

Food Garden Cafe @ Selfridges

Taste

It’s a melting pot of mini international cuisine. You get a tray, pick from the offerings, and then go to pay. I decided to go for the Masala Dosai (£6.20), which is made to order right in front of you. I have to say, it’s the most expensive Masala Dosai I’ve ever eaten, but at least the filling was nice. The dosai was not as crisp as I would like, I think it was taken off the pan a bit too early. The accompanying soup though, was very nice, and they present the whole thing on this high class silver tray. So, an acceptable dosai, but nothing like what I’m used to from Janani.

Rating - 6

Look

It is in Selfridges afterall. It’s actually quite a nice place to grab a quick bite in the middle of the city. At least it’s not a chain. The décor is a bit canteen/fast food restaurant like, but it’s not really a place to linger.

Rating - 1.5

C-factor

It’s expensive, but more or less the same price as a High street food chain. I hope they use good ingredients.

Rating - 0

Swiss Points - 7.5

Available At

Fourth Floor, Selfridges London
400 Oxford St
London
W1A 1AB
Website

No comments: