Sunday, December 17, 2006

Janani 2


I am actually quite surprised that I haven't been back here again until now, but so many restaurants, so little time, and so little money...but better late than never, so here I am!

Food

It's great to see that every time I come they seem to add more on the menu, but I decided that it was time to revisit an old favourite. The Masala dosai ($6) was as good as I remembered it to be. A crunchy lentil pancake encases some seriously morish spicy potato mixture. The silver tray also contained - green yoghurt stuff, orange sauce, 2 soupy thing. All accompanied of course by my favourite plain lassi ($3.50). Dad picked his usual Vegetable Thali - Palin rice & Puri with 5 Vege. curries curd,pickle,pappadam and other specials - ($8.50) offering. The curries were great as usual, the standout this time was actually the one with cheese! The food was a standout as usual.

Rating - 8

Atmosphere

Well, it looks like thsoe renovations have finished. There is now a plasma in the room showing those Bollywood movies instead of that small TV! Otherwise, things are the same. We chose to sit outside this time, and got to see the guy sitting behind us consume 2 entrees, a main and a Naan all by himself. Considering how huge the meals usually are, it's an amazing acheivement!

Rating - 1.5

Service

Well, it was busier this time, so we found the service pretty slow. The food was a bit slower than usual (but was still only about 10 minutes). Service is not one of their strongest points but I am so familiar with this palce that I can almost serve myself, almost.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

Still cheap as chips for good hearty food. Dining al frescho was great, and the best thing is watching everyone else eat.

Rating - 1.5

Brownie Points - 13.5

Info

32 Burlington Rd
Homebush
NSW 2140
Phone (02) 9763 2306
Website

No comments: