Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Isis Bar and Lounge

We went looking for pub that was showing the Premier League instead of the rugby on a Sunday afternoon. We expected it to be and easy task, this was London afterall. Little did we know that the CBD is basically dead on a weekend. We walked past several closed pubs, a few showing the rugby, even one showing BBC news (!), and was getting a bit desperate before we stumbled on this quiet little bar situated in a hotel. They had the Premier League on, and that was good enough for us.

It's a bit more pricey than some, but they have made it more like a bar than a pub. I actually don't mind the pubs here, but this "bar" has banquet seating, so I guess that's why they can charge more. Still, there are enough beers on tap to please. I chose something that I'd never tried before, and something that I thought was a bit "English sounding", so that's how I ended up with a glass of John Smith's Extra Smooth, which was actually very smooth, not unlike German beers.

The bar girl was so slow, even though we were the only customers, and took over 10 minutes before our drinks were ready. And the game? Chelsea won 2-1 over Man United. Not that I care. I had my beer and my bar snack (free nuts) to keep me happy.

Info

14 Coopers Row,
Tower Hill,
London,
EC3N 2BQ
Phone 20 7863 3700
Website

No comments: