Friday, July 04, 2008

zebrano bar

I know, in London for 5 months and only been to one bar. After my experience today, I don’t think I will be going back to another one for a long time. I prefer my bars where I can sit comfortably, drink fabulous cocktails and hang out and catch up with my friends. Zebrano bar did manage to offer one of the three. My mojito (£4) was fabulous. They certainly didn’t skim. I think I had a whole lime tree in my drink, as well as enough mint to erase any trace of foulness (I guess they cater well for the smokers, druggies, garlic lovers who frequent). The sour and sweetness was perfectly balanced. And that was the best thing about Zebrano…

Things looked ok enough once you get past the security guard. There were various “cool” people hanging around upstairs, but downstairs is where all the “action” is. By action I mean really drunk but skimpily dressed people dancing around and making a fool of themselves in a dark space. The huge space was full of people so there was really nowhere to sit, although one of those corner spaces might’ve been nice. In any case, you can’t talk anyway since they play really really really loud, ear piercing music, and not just because I am old loud, but so loud your eardrums actually hurt. We left when our throats got hoarse from all the shouting.

Info

14 - 16 Ganton Street
London
W1F 7BT
Phone+44 (0) 20 7287 5267
Website

No comments: