Thursday, January 25, 2007

Byron Bay Cookie Company Savoury Biscuits


Taste

I think I have mentioned here enough time by now for everyone to realise that yes I LOVE the Byron Bay Cookies. The Fennel Seed Parmesan Crackers is the first savory offering I've tried and I am addicted! The flavour is very complex. You get the strong hit of fennel, which leaves a pleasant aftertaste. The Parmesan then sends a salty sweet hand, the lovely smell wafting up. Finally the biscuit was thick enough for it to be crunchy but not crumbly.

I also got my hands on the Coriander & Jalapeno Pepper polenta cripss, which just blew my mind. Such wonderful flavour, and of course that hit from the jalapenos...I think I'm addicted.

Rating - 8

Look

Beautiful, each one baked to a dark brown, covered in fennel sweet with little golden yellow Parmesan blobs or brown coriander. They come in several different packaging so you can easily give them as gifts, but I kept to the basic, since this was all for me!

Rating - 2

C-factor

170g for $15.50 is pretty expensive, but like I've said many times before, I will pay for quality. Just try to get them when they're on special!

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - 11

Ingredients

Fennel Seed Parmesan Crackers

organic white spelt flour, Parmesan style cheese (28%), Parmesan cheese, parmigiano reggiano (14%), canola oil, organic sea salt, fennel seeds (1%)

Coriander & Jalapeno Pepper polenta cripss

organic white spelt flour, polenta (25%), sugar, jalapeno peppers (12%), canola oil, egg yolk, organic sea salt, coriander seeds (0.8%)

Available At

David Jones Foodhall
Website

No comments: